Monday, June 22, 2009

It's a great insult to the team: Madhur Bhandarkar


At a recent awards ceremony Ashutosh Gowarikar announced on the stage, after Priyanka Chopra was given the Best Actress award for Fashion, that he thought Aishwarya Rai-Bachchan should have won it for his film Jodhaa-Akbar. He also said Jaya Bachchan agreed with him.

Madhur Bhandarkar says Ashutosh Gowarikar's statement against Priyanka's win at an awards ceremony has humiliated his entire Fashion team.

Madhur Bhandarkar, the director of Fashion, was obviously miffed with the statement.
"I am shocked, baffled at the statement made by Ashutosh Gowarikar on a public podium. All of us can have personal opinions but why take it to a public podium? If he thought she didn't deserve the award, he could have spoken to us. Why make a tamasha? Priyanka is a friend and she has worked really hard for the film. No one can take that effort away from her. I look at this remark as a great insult to the entire Fashion team," he says.

Bhandarkar was on his way to Russia, where he will represent the Indian delegation at the 31st Moscow International film festival. The festival will be inaugurated with the screening of Fashion. "I think it's a great honour. I am truly delighted. I just hope this makes the relationship between Indian film industry and Russia stronger. Apart from the screening of Fashion, there will also be a Shyam Benegal retrospective. I will be the only Indian representing the Indian film industry," he says.


http://www.dnaindia.com

No comments:

Post a Comment