Friday, June 5, 2009

This filmmaker wants to make women cry

I want all the Indian women to cry when they watch my next film,” remarks French film-maker Olivier Lorelle, who was in the city recently to talk at the Chennai International Screenwriting Workshop held at IIT Madras. “The film is titled Red Sky – it’s the love story of a French boy and a Vietnamese girl. I hope it makes the Indian women cry and love it,” he adds. The workshop was an initiative by actor Kamal Haasan and Indian Institute of Technology, Madras.
Lorelle, who won an Oscar for his script for the movie Indigenes, is all praise for the participants of the workshop. “It is difficult to find such a dynamic bunch of students. I found the workshop extremely interesting. Though I’m not sure why Kamal Haasan wanted a Frenchman here, I’m glad I made the trip,” he says. This established film maker admits that he is a huge fan of Satyajit Ray’s films and reveals that he likes watching Indian movies for their song and dance sequences. “This song and dance format in Indian films is something that is characteristic of this country and hasn’t been seen anywhere else,” he adds.
“This is my first visit to Chennai, and I haven’t really had an opportunity to see the city yet. I’m staying back here for a few days to explore the city and get the real taste of it,” he adds.

No comments:

Post a Comment