Break ups can be extremely difficult to handle. While most suggest that hanging out with your bunch of friends can be of great help, how do you handle a situation where your ex is just as much a part of your group as you are.
What follows is a series of backbiting, gossip, cracks in the walls of your well-knit group and endless taunting. But there’s a better way to handle such situations.
“When I was in college, my boyfriend and I broke up on a very sour note. But since we were in the same group, we had to meet everyday. There were times when we would argue and yell at each other. But you’ve got to ignore this person to enjoy with your friends. It’s really easy and by doing so, one can have a great time. Fortunately, we never taunted each other. Bitching about the person vitiates the atmosphere and then the group is not fun anymore,” says Richa Nathani, a student.
Well, as they say, somethings are easier said than done. Is it that convenient to just “ignore” your ex girlfriend/boyfriend, and pretend as though nothing happened between you two to maintain harmony in your friends’ circle? Says Aman Kohli, a student, “It’s not that easy. We were a gang of 15 very close friends and always hung out together, and everything was great until I broke up with my girlfriend who was also a part of the same group. But my ex and I later became casual friends, and still hang out. It can be difficult, but you can’t miss going out with friends just because you’re sure your ex will be there. So the best thing to do is be casual friends with no emotions attached.”
And if you just can’t stand the sight of your ex, talking to your closer friends in this group would make you feel better. “There are always some people in your group who are closer to you than they are to your ex. So you can probably talk to these people and tell them how you would really like to see them, but you aren’t sure if you can handle seeing your ex at the same time. This is what I did when I broke up with this girl I dated for two years,” says Saurabh, a student.

No comments:
Post a Comment