Monday, December 21, 2009

New Year bashes hit new shores

It doesn’t come as too much of a surprise that most Hyderabadis are making a beeline to the predictable tourist haven of Goa to bring in the New Year. There are a few however, who’d rather not party at this “hottest spot” for the very fact that it turns into a mini Hyderabad come December. They are opting instead, for alternative holiday destinations to seek respite from the frazzle of familiar faces and the maddening crowds.

Ashwin Tibrewala along with 13 other couples are hitting the beautiful locales of Koh Samui in Thailand. “I never bring in New Years in here because the parties are never interesting and have predictable faces. This year I am heading to Koh Samui for the moon party that will be hosted there,”

Some on the other hand prefer to give the loud parties a skip. Vani Subash, a member of FLO will be vacationing in a coastal resort town in Sri Lanka. “We will have a family get-together in the town of Bentota, where a friend owns a house.”

With Dubai facing an economic meltdown, few are heading there this year. And making the most of this fact is Srikanth Soma, an entrepreneur who is all set to party in the once hot holiday destination. “I am bored of the Hyderabadi parties and wanted to opt for a place where I’ll be only be with close friends.”

Manish Malpani, a city entrepreneur, couldn’t agree more. “With family and friends settled in Dubai, it is an ideal holiday spot. I am looking forward to a break from Hyderabad. The desert parties there are fabulous.”

hyderabad events, hyderabad city, hyderabad hot news,

1 comment:

  1. Nikki Beach koh samui Resort has arranged an amazing new year party this year and they claim that it is going to be the greatest this time in Thailand Beach Resort ever had till date. They have also hired DJ RO-Z for their musical drama on the new year eve and has also arranged a great menu to enthrall their guest. I hope this will become pride of Koh samui beach resort.

    ReplyDelete