Saturday, July 3, 2010

Top-5 reasons to skip I Hate Love Stories

1. Has Bollywood forgotten about scripts? Three of the last four movies I sat through looked entirely rudderless and unfortunately for K-Jo and his team, this one fares no better. The movie rambles and what is worse is we know where it's all going to end.
2. Characterizations have never been strong points of the Dharma Productions banner, but this one moves into banal territory. Both Simran and her beau Raj (Samir Dattani) belong to the 1980s - a time when K-Jo was growing up to his beloved Yash Uncle's brand of mush.
3. The patchy story can be dismissed in two lines. Boy hates girl who finds him interesting. Then boy loves girl, but by then girl has lost interest. A bunch of other characters try to mess around with sentiments of both the protagonists until eventually... we don't want to test your intelligence by telling you the ending.
4. The self-deprecation that one enjoyed through most of the first half suddenly vanishes as the actors switch roles with Jay turning mushy and Simran getting all hoity-toity. And that is when the director desperately needed a few twists and turns.
5. That is also when realization dawns on us poor souls watching the movie that behind all that ridicule of mush, the absolute truth behind a K-Jo production remains the same: "Mush alone leads to the Gold Rush".

So, if you truly hate love stories, we suggest you are better off watching some great rivalry on television, watching the World Cup soccer quarter finals and the Wimbledon finals might just be the better option.

I Hate Love Stories,I Hate Love Stories REVIEW,I Hate Love Stories MOVIE REVIEW
Source: Raj Narayan/ India Syndicate

No comments:

Post a Comment