Thursday, August 20, 2009

‘Films are like politics’


Hailing from a family of politicians, Nara Rohit was expected to hanker for power, votes and find his calling in the whole political razzmatazz. But Telugu Desam Chief Chandrababu Naidu’s nephew and son of Nara Ramamurthy Naidu, Rohit, has chosen not to follow their footsteps. Instead, he is making a tinseltown debut with Ashwini Dutt’s Banam.
Talking about his passion for films, Rohit says, “I decided to get into tinseltown when I was doing my engineering in Chennai. When I told my dad about it, he was more than happy. It was my uncle, Chandrababu Naidu, who recommended my name to Ashwini Dutt.”
Not content banking on his love for films alone, Rohit learnt to dance, fight and also completed an acting course from the New York Film Academy. Talking about his role in the action-drama Banam, Rohit says, “When Ashwini Dutt asked me what kind of film I wanted to do, I told him that I was interested in a film with a strong plot. I didn’t want to debut in a movie where the director focuses so much on glorifying the new hero who is being introduced that the story takes a back seat,” he says.
The entire NTR clan has come together to help Rohit out in his acting endeavours. Balakrishna, NTR Junior and other actors in the family constantly guide him. “Considering the fierce competition in Tollywood, I need all the help I can get. The young breed of actors in the industry are all well prepared and talented,” he adds.
With his filmy know-how in place, the actor may be all set to wow the audiences. But even before the movie’s release, word is doing the rounds that his dad Ramamurthy Naidu was forced to barter his MLA ticket with a role for his son. “When I read this report, I just laughed it off. I bagged this film last December, much before the elections even began,” says Rohit.
If showbiz is a person’s ticket to fame, the next best thing is evidently politics. Ask Rohit if he plans to enter politics in the future, especially considering his background, and he says, “I am not too keen on politics currently. For now, I am focused on my film career. In fact, films are like politics. The ultimate aim in both is to get the nod of people. They are inseparable and depend on the public,” Rohit says, leaving room for speculation.

Nara Rohit,Nara Rohit wall papers,wallpapers of Nara Rohit

No comments:

Post a Comment