Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Vidya Balan's disappearing act in Cambridge


Vidya Balan proved to be more adventurous than her sedate image suggests. While shooting for R. Balakrishna's "Pa" in Cambridge, she fell in love with the place and disappeared. The story goes that the crew returned to India without her.


"It's nothing so dramatic. Yes, I did stay back in Cambridge. I simply had to. I had no choice," Vidya, who has teamed up with Amitabh and Abhishek Bachchan in the movie, said.

"I just couldn't help it. Just being in Cambridge shooting was not enough. I felt a deep connect with the campus and the environment. I just wanted to walk around the campus with books in hand, so I'd look like a student," she said.

"Luckily, I've a friend in Cambridge. I stayed with my friend and her husband. It was the most enriching experience of my life. Just the air and the feel of the place is so special."

Vidya now intends to buy herself a quiet escape route. "I can't afford a place in Cambridge. I know of a place near Mumbai that offers the same climate and topography. But I am not revealing it," she said.


http://www.mid-day.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment