Friday, May 7, 2010

Lakshm Rai i: Kollywood’s female cowboy!

She celebrated her birthday a couple of days ago, and is looking forward to her flick Irumbukottai Murattu Singam (IKMS) which hits the screens today.

The ravishing Lakshmi Rai is eagerly awaiting audience reaction to her character Pakki in this Simbudevan-directed cowboy film. In an interview, the actress talks about her experience working in the film and how a horse became a close friend during the shoot...

Refreshingly fresh
A cowboy film is being made in Kollywood after a very long time and I’m sure audiences will find our film refreshing. Many interesting characters feature in it; I’m glad to be associated with such a project. Personally, the film was a beautiful journey from start to the end. Actually, I wasn’t really sure how it would do at the box office when I first heard the script. But, the research that director Simbudevan had done on the subject assured me that it would turn out to be very interesting and fresh.

Tales of Pakki
I love my character (Pakki) in this film; she matches my off-screen personality a lot. I don’t talk much in the film as a lot revolves around my looks and style.

Milky, a great friend
One of the best things about IKMS was that I learnt horse riding. I know that it looks easy but horse riding involves a lot of training and hard work. I didn’t want to use a dupe for my sequences and so decided to put in effort and learn it. After every day’s shoot, I sat with the trainer and learnt how to handle a horse. A lot depends on how well a rider understands his/her horse. I got very friendly with Milky, a pure white beauty with wonderful cat eyes. Of course, I did fall down a couple of times while learning, but now I’m confident that I can ride any horse.

Multi-starrer doubts...
Yes, there are a lot of people in the film but I was quite sure from the beginning about Pakki and how important she was to the script. Whenever I’ve done multi-starrer flicks, I’ve made sure that I pick up roles that offer scope for performance. My character in Dhaam Dhoom, which was a multi-starrer, still remains in the minds of people.

The Dhoni-Asin connection
If they are friends, it could be true that Dhoni watched the IPL semi-final at Asin’s house. Dhoni is a very friendly person and has many friends... so it’s nothing wrong if Asin is also his friend.

tamil,tamil movies,tamil actress,,movie review,actress,hot actress,actresses,photos,Tamil actress hot,tamil actor

No comments:

Post a Comment