Saturday, June 18, 2011

Aamir Khan avoids Amole Gupte, Anusha Rizvi from 'Lagaan' party

Actor Aamir Khan celebrated the completion of 10 successful years of his historical film Lagaan and his role as a producer. The actor threw a bash for all the people who have worked with Aamir Khan Productions. He called the evening as a 'traverse down memory lane'.

Even in this happy occasion, the actor was clear about his invitation list. "We have not invited the entire industry. It's a special day for us on an emotional level. We have invited people who have worked with Aamir Khan Productions. I have not even invited my close friends Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and Raju Hirani,” reasons Aamir.

Though all the cast and crew of Aamir Khan Productions were present at the party, two very important personality, who have a big hand in the productions growth were kept out of the bash. Peepli Live writer and director Anusha Rizvi and Taare Zameen Par writer Amole Gupte, were not invited for the party.

Accepts Aamir, “I feel I mustn't keep negativity in my life. If some people are unhappy with me, why should I add to it? I don't want to bring up the ugly past and have decided to avoid.” Anusha and hubby Mehmood Farooqui, the co-director had blamed Aamir of stealing the limelight. Amole had a fallout with the actor because he was unhappy with Aamir for taking over his directorial debut Taare Zameen Par.

He expressed, "As far as Amole and Anusha are concerned, they are free to have their own opinion. Sometimes, there can be disagreements in life. If Amole feels that TZP was not a good film, that's his decision. What can I say? As a director, I had done my best. I appreciate his writing and he had a very good script.”

“Similarly, if Anusha feels that I am not a good producer, it's her opinion. Though, I do not agree with her. I know how to shoulder my responsibilities as a producer. I tried my best to give a good platform to the creative talent in Peepli Live, be it Anusha, Mehmood, Omkar, Indian Ocean or anybody else," he added.

No comments:

Post a Comment