Monday, October 1, 2012

Subhash Ghai, Rishi Kapoor reunite after 32 years

After their 1980 hit Karz, the filmmaker and actor will join hands in what marks the return of the Showman to direction after a gap of four years. This time round, Monty will be a musician and also an out-and-out villain They made history with their 1980 blockbuster Karz. Thirty two years later, producer-director Subhash Ghai and actor Rishi Kapoor will come together once again in Ghai's next directorial, where Rishi will play a villain with musical leanings. Incidentally, the film will mark Ghai's return to direction after a gap of four years. Ghai confirmed the news and said, "Rishi and I are coming together again. He will play a khalnaayak in my film. While he's always been the romantic lover boy, lately, Rishi has discovered his mean bone. Just look at him in Agneepath! I didn't want to cast him as a conventional bad guy. He plays a negative character but also a man who is heavily into music." Unlike in Karz where Rishi only pretended to strum the guitar on stage, in this film, he will play several musical instruments for real. "Nothing about Rishi's character in my new film will be fake; neither his evil streak nor his interest in music," said the showman. The official launch will be on October 24 the anniversary mountains to the city. She's a girl on a mission. Raj Kapoor saab made Ram Teri Ganga Maili about a girl's journey. Back then, the heroine was Ganga. Today, it' Veronica. I have to draw a balance between Ganga and Veronica ." Ghai has zeroed in on three girls, one of whom will finally play his protagonist to Rishi's antagonist. Ismail Durbar will compose the music. Known for his discerning taste in music, Ghai said, "I feel Ismail Durbar can create a score where music is the backbone because, as I said, Rishi plays a musician. When Laxmikant-Pyarelal composed Ho ramji tere lakhan ne bada dukh dina for Ram Lakhan, they insisted only Lataji would be able to sing the song. But she was away, so I argued, 'Why not another voice?' But Laxmikant stood his ground. I need that caliber of dedication in the music for my new film." Ghai is returning to direction after Black & White and Yuvraaj in 2008. "After these films, I got busy with Whistling Woods. Now I am ready todirectagain. The other day, I attended Yash Chopra's 80th birthday, where he announced his retirement at 80. I have to make some more films before I reach that age."

No comments:

Post a Comment