Monday, January 7, 2013

Sonakshi Sinha : I'm not comfortable kissing or exposing:

Fresh from a trip to Phuket, Sonakshi Sinha tells Mirror why she doesn't need to 'lobby' for roles and gives us her definition of 'dance numbers' Why is it that you are working mostly with senior actors? As a newcomer, I did my first film with Salman Khan followed by films with Akshay Kumar and Ajay Devgn. What do I have to complain about if I am getting to work with the biggest stars in the industry? But why aren't you doing films opposite younger stars? That's not true. I am working with a lot of younger actors-Ranveer Singh in Lootera, Imraan Khan in Once Upon a Time in Mumbaai 2, and Shahid Kapoor in Rambo Rajkumar. Do you think your options have been limited because you aren't lobbying enough? I never considered acting as a career. I was never under any pressure to buy a house or a car for my parents. I am happy with the work I am getting on my own merit and I don't need to lobby for any role. Is it true Dabangg 2 hasn't lived up to the expectations of the makers? We hear the film has failed to meet the Rs 200 crore- target Sequels come with higher responsibility. Dabangg was already a brand even when Dabangg 2 was being made. So everyone had high expectations. And I think we have been able to meet them. We hear you have this strict 'no kissing, no bikini scenes' clause whenever you sign a film. Is it true? Yes, I am not comfortable kissing or exposing and I believe in laying open my cards well in advance so that no one is inconvenienced. Till date, I have been very specific about certain things and my directors have always understood my concerns and played along. I don't think this should pose a problem in the future as well. And if a director wants something like that, he is open to casting other actresses. So why are you suddenly doing dance numbers? Is it because it has become fashionable to do so? My disco number in the Himmatwala remake is not my first special number. I have already done one in OMG titled Go Go Govinda. And it wasn't like any other regular dance number with skimpy clothes. Rather, it was for Janmashtami and I got to shake a leg with Prabhu Dheva. Is it true your character in Bullet Raja is inspired by Nagma? No! This is the first time I am hearing such a thing. Are you planning to work with your brothers Luv and Kush? Is your dad a part of the venture? Kush wants to be a director and both Luv and Kush are currently preparing for our home production. I will be a part of it. As for dad, I don't want all eggs in the same basket. We will space it out. Do you regret doing Joker? I do not regret doing that film at all. In fact, Joker opened up a lot of avenues - I got another film with Akshay and Ajay met me during that time for Son of Sardaar. What do I have to complain about? Reportedly, Farah Khan said she doesn't wish to work with you again. I do not think so. Farah has not told me anything like this personally. I am very cordial with her even now. And I am open to working with her whenever she feels like. There have been rumours linking you with Bunty Sachdeva. No comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment