One has seen Katrina Kaif in a variety of roles, but the actress is hopeful that New York, will give her fans a chance to see her in a completely different light — something similar to what she is in real life.
The actress who has already grabbed attention with her de-glamourised look in the promos, reveals that she had asked Aditya Chopra to give her a different role and the producer obliged. “When I was offered this film I told Adi (producer Aditya Chopra) and Kabir (director Kabir Khan) to give me a film which is more like me, like a Namastey London. Adi told me that if I do this film, I will understand that this role is more ‘me’ than any of the other characters that I have played till date. And he was right,” says Katrina.
She further adds, “Kabir told me my character is the only sunshine in the dark film.”
Talking more about her role, the actress says, “Kabir didn’t give me much of a brief as to what the character should exactly be like. He just said that Maya is like any other woman. She is the girl-next-door or the classmate in college. She is a part of the group and not the star of the group. It has been an interesting experience to be a part of a film which allows me to be myself.”
The actress confesses that she enjoyed playing a college girl. “I never went to college as I started working early. This was my chance to play what I would have probably been like if I was in college,” she says.
No comments:
Post a Comment