Akshay Kumar, actor
‘It’s fun all the way’
The first thing that changes after you have a kid is your priority in life. Wanting to be the best actor, the biggest star and all of that seems secondary. What matters is spending time with your kid, giving him the best you can. Fatherhood also makes you more responsible as your son is watching everything you do. I have tried my best to be a responsible father and be watchful of the things I do, because Aarav picks up things very quickly.
He is a sharp child, understands mood swings and is very comforting when you are not too well. Just seeing him play or do simple things is such a great joy. When I cut down on work or choose not to do a film because it involves a foreign schedule, I don’t feel like I am making a compromise because that’s what I want to do. I want to be with my son. At the same time I have a job to do and Aarav is very understanding of that. He used to come on my outdoors often earlier, but when school begins it isn’t really possible. But I try and take days off whenever I can and get out of the city with Aarav and Tina, to go on holidays. He is quite an athletic child, so taking him to places with open space to run, be with the nature is our thing. If that’s not possible, we play in the garden in the evenings.
Yes, I do all the fun things with him and let Tina do all the educating bit for him. It’s better that way (laughs).
Y.S. Jagan, politician and businessman
‘I owe it to my father’
My dad is everything to me — I owe everything I am and I have to him. he has been a busy man for the past three decades, but he’s been every bit the doting dad. When we were young, he used to take time out to take us around during vacations. As I grew older, he became an inspiration for me to join politics. I admire his perseverance. Being a busy man myself, juggling politics and business, I must confess i hardly have any time to look into my children’s — Harshini and Varshini — daily affairs. They are both studying in Bengaluru and my wife Bharati takes care of their little needs. but like my father did, I too take time out for family members to keep them happy and try to be a good father like he was.
I don’t know if I will get to meet my dad on this special day since we are both busy with work.
Rana, actor
'Dad is my hero’
My dad is my biggest inspiration. Discipline, honesty and hard work are integral parts of his life. I’ve picked up a lot of things from him, and today I bank on those to serve as solutions to the problems in my life. Even when I was into animation, his business acumen helped me a lot. He fulfills his responsibilities as a father of three children perfectly. I look up to him for the way he lives. When I expressed my wish to join the film industry, the suggestions he gave proved to be helpful. If I am able to live to his expectations, and be half the person he is, I would consider it a great achievement.
Suresh Babu, producer
Rana and I are more like friends. He is my first born and he’s always been special. When people say he is Rama Naidu, Venkatesh and Suresh Babu, all rolled into one, it feels nice. He is a dedicated boy, puts in a lot of effort and is looking much better now. I never expected anything from him, but he makes me happy all the time. Every father is proud of all the little things that his son does, and I guess so am I.
Courtesy:DC
No comments:
Post a Comment