Friday, August 7, 2009

Abhi-Ash shaadi like KJo movie: Ramu


Here’s a mother of all confessions... coming from a man who doesn’t mend his ways for anything. Least of all to appease and befriend the other filmwallahs. Recently, while doing an exclusive interview with ZOOM, RGV made a startling confession about Karan Johar (for those who came in late: RGV and KJo’s war of words and ‘dislike’ for each others’ movies, have made headlines for years, and provided fodder for gossip mills).

In this incredible interview, RGV was his usual blatant self when he admitted, “For a long time I detested Karan’s larger-than-life, feel-good, glossy movies. I found them too ostentatious, coming as I did from a lower middle-class background. I found all the razzmatazz and the shoo-shaa all very unrealistic. But I was forced to change my viewpoint after I attended the Abhishek-Aishwarya shaadi. I saw exactly the same grand visual and a larger-than-life event at their wedding, that’s when I realised that Karan is far closer to reality than I am (at least in portraying the upper-middle class society).

I concede it’s my mistake, and after this I will never say anything about Karan’s movies again.” Phew... that was an explosive confession to say the least.

But well, now that Karan’s style of filmmaking is becoming more realistic (with My Name is Khan), we wonder if the two filmis will meet mid-way someday. And mark the end of this love-hate relationship. Do you have any such shockers for us, KJo? Over to you then...

No comments:

Post a Comment